The Timberland Pro® Pit boss Steel Toe Work Boot, Tops Our List. This work boot came out on top in every category we analysed. Customers are overwhelmingly thrilled with the fit, the comfort and the durability of this steel toe work boot.
This work boot is in the mid range of the price scale, which I’m sure adds to the high demand in the personal protective equipment sector.
The boot scored well for both industrial uses as well as for around the home.
Timberland’s™ Description of the Work Boot:
Our Timberland PRO® Pit Boss Steel Toe boot is everything a work boot should be: safe, tough and comfortable. The steel toe construction meets ANSI safety standards and offers a roomier toe box than other boots. The rubber outsole is slip-, oil- and abrasion-resistant and the electrical hazard protection helps keep you safe from open circuits. Imported.
Pit boss Steel Toe Work Boot Features
- Non-insulated rugged leather upper for comfort and long lasting wear
- Roomy steel toe box
- Goodyear Welt construction for a extra durability and stability
- Timberland PRO 24/7™ Comfort Suspension™ system helps reduce foot fatigue in three ways; comfort insole provides heel and arch support, the contoured shock diffusion plate supports and stabilizes the foot and the midsole / outsole design provides superior comfort and flexibility whether you are walking, standing, reaching or climbing
- Padded collar and tongue for a comfortable fit around the ankle and top of the foot
- OrthoLite® open-cell polyurethane footbed provides durable, resilient cushioning with Agion™ anti-microbial footbed cover to inhibit growth of odor causing bacteria
- Anti-microbial lining reduces odors and keeps feet dry and comfortable
Timberland PRO® rubber outsole is slip-, oil- and abrasion-resistant and has exceptional cushioning
- Electrical hazard protection to keep you safe from open circuits
- Nylon shank provides support
- Timberland PRO logo on side
- Weight is approx. 2 pounds per pair
Based on Jarbuck’s assessment of Steel Toe Work Boots. The Timberland Pro® Pit Boss Steel Toe Work Boot received our highest ranking. Since 2007, people who have purchased this safety boot, have consistently rated the boot either at a 5 star or 4 star level. High rating consistency over a long stretch of time suggests a commitment to quality from the manufacturer.
The most common customer comments were,
- Great support and no sore feet after a full day’s use
- Rugged, Sturdy, Burly
- Great traction in oil and dirt, not as good in snow or ice
- Warm boot
- Most reported a great fit right out of the box, but does require some break in time for best comfort
- When the correct width is ordered, the boot will feel roomy and will require a heavy sock. People with a wide foot have found the regular size to be too narrow.
- Excellent arch support
- True to size
- water resistant, not waterproof
- light weigh
The price range compares the cost of purchasing and shipping across 6 top regarded online stores. We found that the price at each of these stores fluctuated from month to month, with different stores showing the lowest price at any given time. Thus our commitment to update our pricing comparisons on a monthly basis.
Most stores offer a complete range of sizes and widths, although you may find one or two of these stores only offering one of the three color options (wheat, black or gaucho) for this steel toe work boot.